Sunday 6 November 2011

Living through a Break-Up!

“Are you bored? Can you please be honest when you want me to hang up?”

Ok, now she is really pissing me off.

“What? What happened? I was talking properly to you, wasn’t I?” I pleaded

“No, I am doing all the talking. It is always like that…”

Oh my god, here we go again, I thought! Now, I was not listening to what she was saying. Should I just hang up? But that will create a bigger fight in the future. But it is totally worth it if I can get some peace of mind now.

“I swear, this is how I am!” I shouted. “I can listen, but don’t expect anything more from me, please!”

“You are like a rock. You don’t have any feelings!”

“How dare you?” Now my voice was loud enough to turn a few faces towards me.

I quickly reduced my voice. I could feel that she had started crying at the other end. Now I was really pissed off. If there is one thing that can annoy me to the maximum, it is tears! And she just loves crying! Opposites attract! What an irony!

“Why in hell are you crying now?” I whispered through clenched teeth

“You don’t love me anymore! You don’t have time for me! Your friends…”

THAT’S IT!

I hung up and slammed the phone on my desk.

I woke up. It took a few minutes for me to realize that I was dreaming again, a new one each day.

My roommate looked up from his books.

“Sapna dekh raha tha. So jao!” (It was just a dream, go back to sleep!)

I grabbed the pack of cigarettes and the lighter and walked out; sat down on the staircase, lit one and cried…

It has been 4 months since we broke up! I missed her so much!!!



- John Doe


The worst time of my life! Thank god we got back after realizing what a dumb mistake it was for us to break-up!!! 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...